Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yeesh--I've been slacking!

Okay, so I was doing really well there for a while--keeping up on updates after each kid's birthday & such--but I lost it! So, let me get everything caught up, lol!

Trin's birthday was the third & last of the kids', and it went surprisingly well, too. For having seven 7-11 year olds running around my house, I had much less to do than I thought I would. For one thing, the weather was decent, so most of the time they were all here they spent outside, playing tag & such. Also, the kids...well, really the boys, were incredibly interested in Garrett & actually offered to watch him a couple of times for me, so I could go do things in another room. It was so cute!

Trin had a blast and has already advised me that she wants to have next year's party at home again. Woohoo! I think I'll put the planning badge on her next year though--"You have such-and-such amount of money for your party. You decide how to spend it." I saw that on another mom's blog or message board a couple of years ago & loved the idea!

Let's see...what came next? Oh, yes, Todd's birthday & my pregnancy scare. Yeah, Todd's 42nd birthday was April 16th, and about the same time I started thinking I was pregnant again. Not good! Not planned! And, definitely not ready to deal with two under two, LOL! Fortunately, it was a false alarm, but, oh boy, did it have my heart going for a couple of weeks!

Hmmmm....trying to remember what else has happened in the last month.....

Todd and the girls went camping & riding out at McCubbin's Gulch for a weekend, and Trin decided to take a tumble into the creek next to the campsite. Since she was soaked from armpits to toes, this resulted in my driving 2 hours out to deliver dry pants, socks, and a shirt--not a happy mama! But, I was definitely releived that she wasn't more than scared!

Mom and I checked out a couple of events at the Expo Center that we're going to keep our eyes open for again next year--Babyfest NW & the JBF Consignment Sale. Babyfest was fun for G-man--he loved the diaper dash, even though he didn't win. Let's just say he was easily distracted! We made out like bandits at the consignment sale--it happens twice a year (spring/summer & fall/winter), and there were nearly 600 people who were consigning their no-longer-needed baby & kids goods. We found a TON of clothes for Garrett, a few adorable and tiny items for the preemie born to one of my friends at church, and even a few things for Trin. Oh, and I found a couple of toys Garrett loves--a Playskool tool bench ($8) and an 80-piece set of Megablocks ($8)--a pop-up tent for him to play in at the beach this summer ($5), and a backpack carrier for him ($7). Total for the haul (including 2 pairs of shoes for Bubba)? $130.50! I was thrilled!

And, my favorite piece of news? I have a car!!!!!

1 comment: