Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ah, Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day, but I've learned not to expect a whole lot in my house. Not that the hubby forgets--he just not the super-expressive-on-special-days kind of guy. I get plenty of love & appreciation throughout the year, but sometimes it'd be really nice for him to think ahead. You know, so I can get the nap I need that I specifically requested on the way home from church? Apparently, the memory went missing today, because right after he finished his lunch, Todd said, "I'm going to go lay down for a bit." Now, I didn't say anything, because, one, I was still giving Garrett his food, and two, I was absolutely positive that Garrett would go down for another nap fairly shortly and I could lay down then.

Nope!

This was one of those fabulous days that G decided that the less than an hour he slept in the car on the way home from church was the only napping he was willing to do. Thanks, Bubba! And, this was also one of those days that Todd's "a little bit" turned into nearly 4 hours.

Yeah. I got to lay down for that nap at 6:15pm. Which would be part of the reason I'm still awake right now!

Trin did make me a beautiful card and colored a picture for me before breakfast, and she made a flower pot for me in Sunday School. The card and picture will be going to work with me, of course, lol!

And Garrett? He decided to say, "Happy Mother's Day!" by doing more walking than he's ever done! He and I walked back and forth across the back of the sanctuary during worship for easily 15 minutes, and most of that he did just holding one of my hands. That was a huge amount of time for him--usually he's back down on all fours after a minute or so. Then, he showed me how brave he's getting by walking between two chairs (4 or 5 steps) without holding on--he was practically to the second chair before I even noticed, LOL! Then, I was sitting in the middle of the floor, reading him a story, and Garrett decided he was thirsty. So, he walked the 5-ish steps to the coffee table to get his sippy cup, and then he walked back while carrying his sippy cup.

I'm such a proud Mama! A little terrified, but proud nonetheless!

Oh, and here's his Mother's Day onesie--purchased by Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment