Saturday, February 20, 2010

Zoo!

I love the zoo, but I don't go anywhere near as often as I'd like to. What can I say? I'm also kind of a homebody! However, Todd was in Molalla gold panning today, and Beth had to stay out at Jobcorps, so it was just the kiddos and myself. I really didn't want to stay home all day, so we went to the zoo with my friends--and the kids' honorary aunties--Mandy & Melissa.

Being a wimp and the aforesaid homebody, I'm exhausted, and we only walked around for about 2 hours, since the zoo closed at 4 today! The weather was fabulous, considering it's mid-February in Portland--it was chilly, but sunny and gorgeous, which made things just about perfect.

Trin tried to take over the camera for the trip, and came out with some pretty good shots. This one of the lioness is my favorite though:



Garrett was a trooper. I know he was tired--he'd had about an hour nap this morning, and then he caught about another 30 minutes before Mandy picked us up, and that was it since he woke up at 7 am. Yeah. He was tired. You'd never have known it, though! He wasn't cranky at all, and he was really attentive to everything and everyone around him. He LOVED the fish and the bats, and he was pretty interested in the gibbons and the komodo dragon. Here he is, trying to touch the fish in the tank:





We finished out our day with the penguins....

No comments:

Post a Comment