Saturday, November 28, 2009

Guests & Thanksgiving

It's been a long couple of weeks! Last weekend, we had guests Friday & Saturday, & it made for a crazy household. Rebecca is an old friend of Todd's, and he used to watch her daughter, Madisyn, while she worked. They moved to Alabama when Becca got married 3 years ago, and we haven't seen them since (other than on Facebook, of course!), so it was really important to Todd to be able to spend time with them--Maddy's like his niece. They got to the house before I got home from work, and the first thing I thought (and said) when I saw Maddy was, "She's tiny!" She turns 5 next month and is just a dinky little thing!


We also had Thanksgiving at our house--that was insane! We had a total of about 34 people, including those of us who actually live in this house and the babies, and it was loud! Then again, just about any King family gathering is, so what's new? I got an awesome pic of my mom with her newest grandson (Garrett, of course) and her great-granddaughter (Kayden). The best surprise of the day was when my nephew, Donte, arrived with his fiancee, Cynthia, and their daughter, the above-mentioned Kayden. They were originally planning on going to Cynthia's family's Thanksgiving dinner, but weren't able to get there thanks to the snow. Bummer for them, but yay for us!

Then, it was off to Black Friday shopping, baby! My sister, Mundee, cousin, Val, and nephew, Devan, and I met up around 5 to hit Walmart, Freddy's, & Target. Yes, we got started a little late--my fault! I apparently never heard my alarm go off at 3am, and so I didn't wake up until 4:15am. We were supposed to meet my sister at 4:30 at her place. Of course, I guess it wasn't ALL my fault--we'll blame Old Navy, too, since Mundee didn't get out of there until 4:45-ish! It was a madhouse, but so much fun! Well, for us for the first half of the morning anyway. The poor guys behind us in the line at Walmart were only in the store because they'd had a flat tire, & it was the only place open within walking distance where they could get some Fix-a-Flat--fun stuff! We were all out of steam by the time we'd made it through Walmart & Freddy's, and I think I ended up with only 4 actual Christmas presents after all of that--everything else I got is a "use right now", like the jackets for $7 at Walmart. Oh, well, guess that means more shopping time for me, and I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment