Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ok, really?!?

I swear, it's Monday all over again!

I was on my way out of the house this morning and turned around to grab a bagel, so I wouldn't starve during the morning training class. Then, I headed out the door to catch the bus. Apparently, that one minute delay was all it took to miss my bus--I watched it drive by in front of me as I walked down the hill. Fabulous.

So, of course, I called my mommy, LOL. She's helping Todd with Garrett during the day right now, so she was up at the house. "Help! I missed my bus! Can you come get me & take me up to the stop at Vermont & 45th?" She bundled G-man up into the car, and came right out, picked me up, and dropped me off at said stop. Then she drove off--makes sense, right?

Thank goodness I thought to glance at the bus schedule posted in the bus shelter...I had to call my mom back, as I'd missed the bus at that stop, too--by minutes. Grrrrrr!

She had to wake Trin up to get ready for school, so it took a few more minutes for her to get back to me. So, while I waited, I checked the schedule of bus 12--it's a frequent run line that stops at the Burlingame Freddy's, and I can usually catch that one into town when all else fails. It was not to be today.

Apparently, that one minute delay for a bagel caused a series of events that caused me to miss every single bus that could have possibly gotten me to work on time this morning! The end result? My poor mom had to drive me all the way downtown to work--I love her!

Then? To top things off? I'm dashing out of my office with a fresh cup of coffee, heading for the elevators and rushing to get to my training class when I pass the rest of the class...headed back to the office. Training was cancelled this morning.

Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment