Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here I go!

Okay, so I'm finally getting a blog going. I was thinking today about how much easier it would have been to keep everyone updated on the whole Todd situation on something like this--since not everyone I know is on Facebook, as hard as that is to believe sometimes, LOL!

On the Todd situation--things are definitely on the upswing...hopefully for good--I don't know how much more of the up and down I can take at this point! Todd was prescribed some pretty heavy duty sleeping meds & has finally been able to get some sleep, so it's really feeling as though I finally have my husband back. I didn't realize how hard things were, even though he was home, until he'd finally gotten 12 hours of good, deep, restful sleep--it was like I'd had a shadow of my husband at home before that point.


My biggest thanks and crazy gratitude are being sent out to everyone who's been helping our family through this (to be honest) nightmare--I don't know how we would've made it through, had this happened while we were still out in Virginia!


On to happier things....Garrett's truly diving into the whole solids thing, LOL! If there's food in front of him, and he doesn't think you're noticing his hands reaching out, he dives headfirst toward the bowl, hand, spoon, or fork that is holding said food. We've discovered we really have to have a firm grip on the munchkin man when food's around--he's definitely Todd's son!


I love the first time mom stuff! I have Trinity, and she's one of the joys of my life, but I wasn't around for her baby moments and her firsts, so this is truly new to me. I still can't believe G-man's 7 months old already! He's decided, after 7 months of staying happily on his back while being changed, that now he needs to try to turn over while I'm changing him. That, or when I turn around to get his sleeper after changing the good ol' diaper, he flips over on to his tummy and is desperately trying to get to some toy. Good thing he hasn't figured out going forward yet! I know once he does, he'll be racing around--no caution in my boy at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment