Friday, January 29, 2010

Ohhhhh, boy! He's up!

So, I've been noticing a pattern with Garrett and his milestones. My friend, Kim, has a son who's almost exactly a month older than G and posts about his milestones on Facebook and her blog, just like I do. I started noticing a couple of months ago that about 1-2 weeks after Kim posted about Finn reaching a milestone, Garrett followed suit. Sitting, crawling, etc. So, when she posted at the beginning of the month that Finn was pulling himself to stand, I started to watch Garrett even more closely...to be honest, I wasn't anywhere near ready for him to be getting that much closer to walking yet! Well, it took almost a month this time, but.....



.....yep, my little monster figured out pulling himself up to standing last night.

See the diaper box he's using for balance here? The first thing I saw when he started to figure it out was straight legs, feet on the floor, belly laying across the diaper box, & hands reaching for all the goodies (cords, etc) on the other side of the box. Then he pushed himself up straight to standing! I was so shocked that it took a minute for me to realize what he was doing & get Todd's attention, LOL!

The next thing he did? Turned to the right just far enough to get his right hand on the coffee table, then joined it with his left hand...and immediately lifted the right hand off the coffee table to grab for everything on top of it! No pausing to make sure his balance was ok, no wobbling, no fear of falling there!

Things just got more interesting around our house!

2 comments:

  1. And now you have to baby proof the tops of the tables!!! Finn's trying for the stairs these days. Ugh. He'll also take a few steps if you hold his hands. Chris encourages this; I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we don't have any stairs to worry about right now. The only ones in our house are down to the basement & have a door at the top that locks--yay! The tops of the tables, on the other hand.....

    That's funny about Chris encouraging the walking, and you not--When Garrett pulled up to stand last night, I was clapping, and saying, "Yay, Garrett! Good job, Bubba!" Todd? Looked at me and said, "Why are you clapping? We don't want to encourage him!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete